In order to perform the Initial Setup, make sure you’re logged in as Super Admin. Now, go to Helpdesk (Add-Ons » Modules » Helpdesk), click on the Module Settings button located in the top-right corner of the screen and choose E-mail Notifications Settings.
You can customize the text of e-mail notifications sent to clients and agents.
Notifications to agents include:
- New ticket created —sent to all agents when a new ticket is created by a client. By default, the New ticket created notification is disabled so you can to avoid sending notifications upon initial download when all your old messages will be downloaded. If the notification would be enabled, all your old clients would receive a notification. Once you properly configure Helpdesk and download all emails for the first time, you can enable this setting.
- Ticket assigned to you —sent to agent when a ticket has been assigned to him
- Ticket answered —this is usually a simple e-mail with client’s reply
Notifications to clients include:
- New ticket created —sent to the client who created the ticket
- Ticket closed —sent when a ticket is closed
- Ticket answered —this is usually a simple e-mail with agent’s reply
When you install Helpdesk for the first time, you will find sample e-mail notifications. Feel free to modify them or disable (by unchecking the Enable notification checkbox) as needed.